Friday, August 15, 2008

Sustainability Wrap-Up

Okay, so I'm not doing half of what I should to be an eco-friendly citizen. So I feel like somewhat of a hypocrite for promoting this stuff. But the truth is, we all want to do better and need to do better. So we have to start somewhere. I've learned from my hunt for socially-concious yet "cool" design that it's still very much in the minority. That's changing, and we all need to do what we can to speed up the process (instead of waiting for something like horrific gas prices to force us).

I have found some pretty great products, and some pretty exemplary efforts to make this corporate world a friendlier place. There are definitely some holes and flaws in companies that advertise themselves as fair-trade, organic, humane, etc (for instance, "cage-free" eggs doesn't necessarily mean the chickens are treated well, and "organic" does not mean it's fair trade, free-range, or even healthy). I'm not advocating any particular brand or providing background information about the products on this blog. I'm just throwing them out there to give a glimps into what's happening. If you want to read about these companies, please follow the original links. And let me know anything interesting you know discover.



































1 comment:

Calley said...

You blog!!! Why haven't we had this conversation yet?! Why did I have to find this out the old fashioned way (blog stalking) Glad I can keep tabs on your cute clothes and cute baby :)
(PS this is Calley from the ward)